Saturday 4 July 2009

Feeling better today

Happy to say my bitchy mood has passed, PMS perhaps?
Ryota knew as soon as he got home last night that I was in a foul mood, and my bursting into ridiculous girly sobs probably didn't do much to help. He's not the best with girl problems though, the first thing he said was "Wait, what day is it?? It's not mother's day is it??" Poor flower is scarred from my last hissy fit. He then went on to just repeatadly ask me what was wrong, I tried to explain I couldn't put my finger on it, just felt shitty. But that wasn't good enough for him. Bloody men, clueless!

I then made the mistake of trying to explain it to him in Japanese, when I said "I feel like my life has no meaning" he said I sounded like a suicidal building jumper, which I wasn't I was just trying to explain to him that I'm a pretty shitty housewife, I really am. I can cook OK and the house is clean(ish) but I'm just not made to be a housewife. I liked my job, I was good at it, I hated quitting. But I couldn't get across to him how having no job and being an average housewife really makes me feel quite useless. However it did feel better to get it off my chest and I scored a massage out of it.

Also my MIL asked her boss for tonight off (she really is nice, I don't give her enough credit) so we are going to the snazzy Kobe restaurant tonight. We've got a late booking so hopefully I can milk Ash up and he'll sleep over at the in-laws so I can have a shandy or 10. I'm a little pissed at the short notice because I have nothing new to wear but it feels nice to not have to cook and just do my hair and make-up and stuff. Although I MUST run today, I think that's why I felt so shit yesterday, no running days make me feel like a housebound baby whale.

P.S. Happy 4th of July Yankees! Blow something up for me.

1 comment:

  1. OH wow, I did not know you were American? It was a tiring weekend for us but fun... have a fab weekend.

    ReplyDelete